Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Wednesday Wandering

I didn't wander too far from home today, but just went in a different direction than usual. Instead pf turning toward dialysis, I turned the opposite way and met up with some of the ladies in our Sunday School class and enjoyed lunch at a little Italian restaurant here in town. We enjoyed the food, but probably enjoyed visiting with each other even more. Woody chose to wait for his kunch till I got home. Before I left, I made him a tomato/cucumber/onion marinated salad that he had requested...these days he is interested in cold sides. He didn't know that I had made this salad, so I surprised him with it on his plate for lunch along with his other requests of things we have in the refrigerator. It was a quieter day than usual for Woody...I was away for a while and his nurse came yesterday rather than today. We had anticipated that it was going to rain today, but we barely got a sprinkle so I ended up needing to water. Our new amd old plants continue to look good. We're starting to see little bitty peppers on our pepper plants and also our tomato plants have blooms and the cherry tomato plant has quite a few little tomatoes on it. Promises for good eating a little way down the road. Wade brought us a planter with cucmber, sauash, and shallot plants in it and they are growing rapidly...you can tell his green thumb was involved in starting them! It's about time to go do the dressing change on Woody's leg, finish in the kitchen and put away a few clothes that need hanging up...then I'm either going to read or stitch. I did finish a tiny sampler last night and have already started another one. This cross stitch pattern I bought early in my discovery of my love of cross stitching...so I am finally getting around to stitching it! I still love most of the pattefns that I bought all those years back and am enjoying finally getting around to stitching them. The one I finished last night was a newly purchased chart...but I am trying to stitch what I already have in my pattern "collection" and trying to only buy linen and floss when I need it. I have stuck to that "policy" pretty well...if is fun to get new patterns once in a while, but the fact that I still have so many unstitched patterns that I still love, it is fun to pull those out and get them ready to stitch. I still want to grt back to sewing, just haven't mustered up the energy to get back to that...planning sewing projects in my mind as I cross stitch! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment