Friday, June 23, 2023

Blue Sky Friday

We saw blue sky today...first time in a while. Today we were able to have a later start to our day...thanks to no dialysis or appointments. I did get the grocery list reqdy so I could head off to the grocery store mid morning. I had a lot of restocking to do...so now the cupboards and refrigerator are filled again...time to cook...again! I did roast the chicken almost as soon as I got home. Woody is wanting a special chicken salad recipe that dates back many years go to a special peogram that our Sunday School class did for the senior adults in our church...a sort of Bible School week for them. We called it Keenagers. We served this chicken salad on the last day one year...the special ingredient that makes it different is that you stir in Potato sticks just before servine..,potato chip like sticks...used to come in a can. I hadn't bought them in years! I was pleased to find them...now come in small potato chip bags. Thr chicken is cooked, taken off the bones...bones have been made into liquid gold aka chicken broth. I have to strain it and cool it after I post this. The kitchen is a mess...what else is new!?! I will clean it up after I get the broth taken care of. I'm tired today. I did a little too much standing in the kitchen today and my back is complaining. I just need my recliner and to rest a bit...should be good to go tomorrow. But tonight I will be pushing it a bit to get the kitchen ready for tomorrow! Cooking the whole chickens can be a pain. Today I chose to roast the chicken and then after deboning cook the bones and make broth...a bit less messy this way. EXCEPT...when I opened the chicken up...left it in the two bags that I had it in from the store...trying to avoid a major mess...WELL...I made the first small cut in the packaging and all the juices spewed out that small hole with great force...excaped the two bags I had the chicken in and got on counter and then ran down the front of my cabinets and onto the floor! What a mess! I have wiped and rewiped the all the places...washed, in clorox, the microfiber cloths that absorbed all that mess. I still want to wipe down everything with clorox wipes that we got as supplies when we were doing home dialysis...and then mop the floor. At the point that all this was happening, I was thinking..."why could't we just buy a rotisserie chicken! But...have to buy fresh with no additives or saline injected...so guess I have to put up with a mess...but hopefully not a meas like this one again! That's part of the problem with my back at this point in the day! So that was my disaster of the day! Woody's day has been tame in comparison to mine! It was nice to have Ruth stop by today...she had a sewing question. She came before the chicken disaster! It was nice to visit for a few minutes. I have had quite a social week this week...Linda, Jo, Carolyn, Jody, Donna, Ruth...wonder who I will see tomorrow! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment