Thursday, June 29, 2023

Home Again, Home Again

We began to wonder if he would ever get taken to dialysis. I don't know exactly when he was taken, but he was back in the room a little after 6pm and the doctor was calling me (I was at home) to let me know that Woody could come home this evening or stay the night and be discharged in the morning. The doc told me that Woody wanted to come home and I said that I would come rescue Woody! He told Woody that while I was still on the phone. On my way to the hospital, one of his nurses called me to say that he was being discharged. I told her that I was almost to the hospital. Woody is a bit weak since he hasn't gotten out of bed since he got to the hospital...he was on what they called "bed rest"...in other words "don't get out of bed." Today was pretty much a wasted day...just waiting on dialysis to get him. And, no one knew when he would go. We finally found out that his nurse had another patient at dialysis and she thought that they only do one patient at a time. Woody can't seem to recall what the room was like. He does still have some confusion...but I think it is hospital confusion so was anxious to get him home so he can figure out what reality is! Good to have him home. Praying that he has a good night...which will mean I will have a good night! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment