Friday, June 16, 2023

Physicians' Friday

Doctors have certainly filled the hours today. Woody started off with a two-hour appointment at TN Oncology that included getting his Keytruda infusion. By the time I got him home it was time to get his lunch so we could make the trip to and from McMinnville with an appointmrnt sandwiched in with his personal care physician...which took up three hours of his afternoon. Positive reports from both visits. His labs were very good from his morning appointment. His white count was good showing that he isn't fighting any infections. His hemoglobin was the highest it has bren in several years. We shared his blood work from this morning with his PCP this afternoon. She knows he gets bloodwork done in several different places...TN Oncology, dialysis center, and whenever he goes to Vancy, so she doesn'r subject him to more unless there is a reason. She felt that he had definitely improved from when she saw him three months ago. We left with call her if we need her and she would like to see him a couple of times a year. So I guess he has done what is needed for her to consider him her patient once again. This morning while he was at Oncology, I made use of the time and got gas and went to the Credit Union. Aftef I got him settled back in his recliner after his afternoon trip, I made a quick trip to the library. Tomorrow is my Cottey College Alum Zoom Book Club meeting. I read the book so long ago that I needed to get it to review it a bit before the meeting! The zoom meeting is right adter I pick Woody from dialysis. I'll get him settled in his chair and get him a snack to tide him over till after my meeting! We got a little rain yeaterday, but not enough to negate my watering this morning. I did that after I ran my errands. After my stop at the library this afternoon, I stopped at the grocery store down the street from us. I wanted to take advantage of some of their sales. I got some good deals, I think, and plan to have those purchases get us through the weekend so I don't hqve to do my next BIG shopping till sometime next week. I sat on my nice clean porch and drank my tea this morning...definitely ready for some porch sitting! I talked to Cheryl while I sat there this morning...less than a month and she and Rachel will be here and we won't have to visit via phone! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment