Monday, June 19, 2023

Such a Nice Day!

We had a leisurely morning...no place to go! I was able to do things around the house that get neglected all too often. Our friend, Linda H., had an appointment in Tullahoma and then came for a visit. She stopped at Arby's on her way here and brought us Arby's roast beef samdwiches. I provided a salad and a light dessert and iced tea. The three of us enjoyed visiting throughout lunch...solving the world's problems...ha...not really! Linda had some things to drop off at Attic Outlet...a not-for-profit thrift store. I had a couple of bags of books that I dropped off, too. We checked out what treasures might be found inside the thrift store...Linda found a treasure...I did not! It sprinkled while we were inside. We came home and the sprinkling had stopped and Linda and I "toured" our newly planted gardens. We came back inside so Linda could say good bye to Woody and when we walked back onto the front porch, it was raining...didn't last long amd Linda went on her way. A very pleasant way to spend an afternoon. The other reason that it was a nice day...rain! It rained about an inch in the night. And, has rained a little several other times during the day. Just as I was finishing dressing Woody's leg wound a few minites ago, I realized that I was hearing rain again and it poured for a few minutes. Our gardens are much happier than they were yesterday! Happy for a real watering from God rather than little ol' me! I have more adventures planned for tomorrow! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment