Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Another Fun and Rainy Day

Another day that started when the birdies were waking up. After I took Woody to dialysis, I actually came home and went back to sleep for a little while. I woke up earlier than I needed to this morning and knew that I wanted to be awake for my adventurous afternoon! I picked Woody up at the usual time from dialysis and headed home, got him settled in his recliner and took his lunch order! Once I had his lunch in front of him and other things that he might need while I was gone, I headed out to the car and headed off for an adventure with Jo and Carolyn. We met up in the Lowes parking lot and Jo drove us to Shelbyville. We went to a gift shop called the The Brass Lantern. It's a big building that is divided up into booths that individuals have set up with all types of gifts...some antiques and some brand new...some clothing and some decorative items. We had a fun time looking and I was the only one who came away with a treasure. I got an antique metal and wood scoop in which I plan to display some small cross stitch pieces. After we did a thorough job of looking at just about everything (so much stuff, I'm sure we missed some things!), we headed off to find a place to have lunch. We were a bit late to go to some of the places that only serve till 2pm so went into town and went to a restaurant called Legends. We all three were hungry after our shopping efforts and enjoyed pur meals very much. But thr best part...just being together! Another good thing about the day was the rain...it held off while we were shopping...we never got wet going to or from the vehicle...it did rain a bit on us on back to Tullahoma, ut stopped by the time we got to town. And, it didn't start back up for me until I got back in the house. Then it rained most of the rest of the afternoon and we had a few thunder booms off and on. I can say that it had to be a measurable rain as there were standing puddles in our yard...haven't seen puddles in the yard or elsewhere in months! So a much welcomed time with friends and the a nice rain on top of that. Our gardens are very happy. Woody survived me being away...doubt that he even missed me! Tomorrow's adventures...probably a home health visit and a hair cut for me. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment