Saturday, June 3, 2023

Saturday Doings

Our Saturday doings were mostly same ol', same ol'. We got up with the birds and got ready to head to the dialysis center. I came home and decided to walk around and look at the gardens. It was nice and cool. Everything continues to look good. I decided to do some weeding in one of the beds that Melany and Wade will work on next Saturday...hoping to help them out at least a little bit. After I weeded for a while, I sat on the porch and had my morning tea listening to the birds sing and enjoying looking at all that has been done so far in our gardens. Today was a much hotter day...it got into the upper 80s trying to edge into the 90s. Woody felt better than usual when he got home from dialysis so I wheeled him around the yard so he could look at the gardens again today. After he got settled in his recliner, he ate a little snack to tide him over til lunch. I made a quick trip to the grocery store down the road to pick up a few items that I needed to make a couple of recipes. After lunch I did a couple of things before I was going to do a little cooking. I soon realized that I needed a nap before I did any cooking! After my rest, I put together a salad that needs to get thoroughly chilled to blend flavors before we eat it...so it is now chilling so we can have it tomorrow. That ended my cooking efforts for the day. we had supper and then I went out to water, as a couple of the new plants looked a littke overcome by this afternoon's heat...until they get established, I will be doing a lot of watering. I did the dressing change on Woody's leg before I came up to blog, as he was ready to turn in for the evening. I had started cleaning up the kitchen, but stopped to do that for Woody and decided to blog after that. So I will head down as soon as I publish this and finish in the kitchen. Then I will be ready to head uostairs. I'm going to gather up cameras and batteries...that's just a hint of the plans for tomorrow afternoon! To be continued! Be safe! Be Well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment