Thursday, June 22, 2023

Busy Thursday

It has been a pretty busy day. We started out early as our Thursdays do. I dropped Woody off at dialysis around 6:15am and then came home to do a few things around the house while he was having his treatment. I decided that I wanted some of Nathan's "home-grown" sausage and wanted a biscuit with it. The sour dough starter needed to be used so I decided that sour dough biscuits sounded good...and they were and still are. I sat on the front porch with my biscuit and sausage and a cup of tea. It was actually chilly sitting out there on this the second day of summer. We need to soak all this cool air in as the hot air will be with us before we know it! Once again, I think that it didn't get out of the 70s today...it rained lightly most of the morning...hard enough to hear it on the roof of the house. It was still lightly raining when I went to pick up Woody, but it was barely sprinkling when I took him to the car. The sun did come out late this afternoon. Our gardens are looking great after all the rain we have been getting! I sat on the porch a while ago, but it was chilly enough that I decided to come back inside. I have done some cleaning today...main project was the shower in the hall bathroom. The plumber left a mess in the tub and today was the first time that I had had a chance to clean it up and while doing that I cleaned the whole shower...good job done. After lunch, I headed to the church to work in the library for a couple of hours. Donna and I hadn't had a work day together in the library since last year. Maybe we can get back into weekly work days...or at least more frequently than we have been! We worked on filling memorials...which meant working on a book order or two. It was good to be back in the library, but the best part was getting to visit with each other! A little while ago we got a call from the home health agency who has been helping us out over the last 6 months or so. It looks like they are working on discharging him...that will happen next week according to the call. Our day is coming to a close once again. I still have a load of clothes to get out of the dryer and one to put in. But the most important thing left to do is change the bandage on Woody's leg. I imagine he is ready for me to do that so he can get to sleep. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment