Friday, June 9, 2023

I Am Amazed!

When I came upstairs a little after 2pm, I decided that it was time to attempt to arrange for a plumber to come...again! I have been trying to get a couple of problems fixed for almost two years. The plumber that had been recommended first would never get to the point of calling me back when he said he would. And, then we would have health issues arise that wouldn't make it convenient to try to arrange a time even if I could get the plumber to call back! I had someone else recommend a plumber to me and I had kept the name and number as I decided that the first plumber didn't seem interested enough in the job! I decided this afternoon that I would call this plumber and hopefully he would arrange a time to come by next week. But, no, he answered and I told him what I needed and he said that he would be here to check things out in about two hours! And, two hours later he called to say that he was almost here! He came in with another young man and they evaluated and decided what they wanted to do first to see if our problems could be solved easily. AND, they got underway right away. They had to go get a couple of parts and then finished in a little over an hour total time. Of course, the verdict is still out to see if the leaks have been stopped...but at least something has been done! I'm still amazed! I have food preparation ready for tomorrow's lunch with "our gardeners." Woody hasn't seemed to feel the greatest today. He has already settled in for the night and I haven't had a chance to change the dressing on his leg yet. I hope that I can still do it before the evening is over. If I don't I will need to do it before he leaves for dialysis in the morning. Not too fond of adding tasks to our early mornings! It's hard enough to get out the door by six with just routine tasks! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment