Thursday, June 15, 2023

Thoroughly Thursday!

What a day! As usual for a Thursday, we were up and out early. I came home and had my breakfast. About the time I was finishing, Nathan drove up with his pressure washer in the back of his truck. He got the garage side and the front side of the house all nice and clean. He will be back another day to do the other side and the back. The sides of our house are really high so he had to use the really tall ladder. I stood at the base of the ladder hoping that I was bracing it! He made it through so there wqs no ladder slipping! He did the front porch, too so after he left I washed off the rocking chairs and also sprayed off the pillows. I put the pillows and chair cushions on the ramp in the sun to dry. So we have a fairly clean front porch at least for the moment...all ready for some porch sitting. Last night before leaving the kitchen, I put together ingredients for a sour dough bread that was supposed to rise for 12-24 hours. I baked that this afternoon. It was a new recipe...English Muffin loaf...turned out pretty good. Woody has been enjoying soft shell tacos. I decided that I had better read the ingredient list and found that they had several ingredients in them that Woody isn't supposed to eat..so made the decision that I needed to make flour tortillas from scratch. I watched several YouTubes that showed how and decided that today was the day. And, that effort was successful, too. But what a mess the kitchen is and...my steam has run out! I'm hoping that sitting to write tonight's blog will rest me enough to tackle the kitchen some more. Still have to change the bandage on Woody's leg. Tomorrow should be an interesting day...Woody has his every-three-week appointment at TN Oncology for labs, see his oncologist, and have his Keytruda infusion. That's in the morning and then in the afternoon, he has an appointment with his Personal Care Physician...just a three-month check-in. That's in McMinnville...so a 45-minute to an hour drive there and then back...the travel will take longer than the actual appointment. That will take a big chunk of time out of the afternoon. Busy day today and then another busy one projected for tomorrow! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment