Friday, January 26, 2024

Back and Forth

Today was a day of going back and forth...10am left to go to wound care. That visit went fine. The doctor and the gentleman who we went to see last Wednesday are working together to figure out a type of "brace" that will work for Woody. He has ordered one that we will try the next time we go to see him. The doctor wants him to come up with a clam-shell-type brace. He came up with the idea that it might include his foot which would keep the brace from working its way down. All sounds complicated...but they have their heads together trying to figure out something that will help Woody keep his leg stable. We go back to see the wound care doctor in two weeks. And, I guess we wait to hear from the gentleman about the brace...or whatever. We got back home a little after noon...just in time for lunch. We ate lunch and then I guess we were both worn out because we both dozed off. I was very thankful that I thought to set an alarm when I sat down to supposedly do some needlework...but ended up in a nap. We left a few minutes before 2pm to go for his oncology/Keytruda appointment. I left him in the waiting room and was back home around 2:30pm. I worked on getting a pot of soup put together while I waited for the call to pick him up. That came at 4pm so back I went, got him in the car, and headed home. He was in his recliner by 4:30. I finished the soup. But we both decided that so many comings and goings were pretty exhausting! Woody headed to his bed/couch pretty soon after we had supper...enjoyed that good hot freshly made soup. Woody was looking forward to it warming him up, as the oncology rooms were extra cold today and he needed to warm up! He headed to the bed so he could pile on throws as he still isn't very warm. His labs were quite good. His hemoglobin continues to rise and today was above the goal that is set for him at dialysis (still low for most men, but on dialysis and for him...it was good). His white count was also good. I got busy cleaning up the kitchen so I could head upstairs as soon as I could after I got Woody settled for the night. Nathan, Kathy, and Joseph stopped by while we were getting Woody settled. The rest of Joseph's gift finally arrived so they stopped so we could give it to him. We visited for a little while and then they were on their way. We have all enjoyed a dry and mild day...spring-like! I even see my daffodils little heads popping up out of the ground...hope they aren't getting over anxious to get above ground. We better not get too used to a nice day as rain is approaching and supposed to be very rainy tomorrow. I expect that we will be going to dialysis in the rain at 6am...but at least today all our back and forthing was done high and dry and mid 50s to mid 60s. I understand the temperature is going to go back down next week...but not as drastic as it was last week. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment