Tuesday, January 23, 2024

We're Sprung!

We hava been sprung from our snow captivity...finally! This morning it was almost 50° when we left the house at 6am...but didn't feel very balmy with the breeze and the fact that it was still dark. We made it with no problems to dialysis. He had a good treatment. I think that the nurses and patients were all glad to be back in "routine." I came home and had breakfast and worked on a grocery list. About an hour before time to pick Woody up, I headed out to run a couple errands first...the Credit Union and WalMart. I got Woody home and we had lunch before I headed off to get groceries. There were a lot of sprung folk in the grocery store, but I muddled through and got most of what was on my list. One of Woody's request was radishes...no radishes at Kroger. And, I needed zucchini for one of our soups...no zucchini at Kroger. But I didn't let that deter me, I continued on and found the rest of the items on my list. Got those through the checker and headed home. I put away the things that needed to be in the refrigerator and then headed to the grocery store down the street to see if they could accomodate me when Kroger couldn't...and, they did have both radishes and zucchini plus I got the ground pork that they have that I can use for Woody's breakfast sausage. That can go in the freezer till I need to make the next batch. I got home and was very ready to sit down in my chair, but I got a text from Nathan. He needed some family tree questions answered. I got most of the info fairly easily, but got hung on the month, date, and year when Woody's mother passed away. I have touchstones in my memory that help me get to information that I need, but I just could not get to a way to figure out the year...until...I remembered what dress Erin, our oldest granddaughter, wore on the day of the funeral. I opened up my photo files on my laptop and went to the file that contains my sewing projects over the years and found that dress I had made for Erin. And, the data that is on each photo told e the year. Then I was able to go to my pictures of that year and find out the month...because it was a trip for all of us to St. Louis. So then I had the month, but I still haven't figured out or remembered the exact day she died on. We did a family led graveside service so no memorial information from a funeral home. I will put my hands on something that will get me to the exact day...maybe! I got into the file folder that I have for that year...one thing that will get me closer to the date will be the tickets for the St. Louis Cardinal ball game that we went to that weekend. With those tickets...I will be able to know the date of the funeral. Just being a detective...for something that we should know! After my "resesarch" for Nathan, I got the rest of the groceries put away and then we had supper. Oh, I found my ov'glove and one of the potholders today. I was searching for something on an upper shelf in the pantry and I happened to glance over to where my hot pads are stacked along with my aprons and saw the opening of the ov' glove. And, I was right that I hadn't seen it since our family Christmas and I was also right that maybe the Proctors had something to do with its disappearance. We had gotten down some hot pads to place the hot dishes on and when the hot pads got put away so did my ov' glove and a pot holder...so the lost has been found...and got found before my replacement ov' glove arrived in the mail. I will be glad to have two...the reason that I went on and ordered another. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment