Friday, January 5, 2024

Day 11 of 12 Days of Christmas: Christmas Memories

As we wind down the Christmas season, I am posting one last Nativity. This is a memory of long time friendship. Tonight's nativity ornament is done by the artist Jim Shore. I have several more of his nativity ornaments on my tree along with several other ornaments/decorations from his collection. The ornaments are all gifts from Connie...my tree is absolutely full of memories of her friendship over the years. Connie is my long-time Tullahoma friend who has moved to Alabama. We still keep in touch and talk and text often. She has gifted many, many ornaments over the 40+ years of our frendship...both specially chosen and many, many done by her own hands. Connie and I are sewing and stitching buddies, which can thankfully continue long distance due to the ease of communication these days. We have had a fairly quiet day...nothing on the docket that made Woody need to leave the house. I did get lured to the grocery store down the street as they have Boston Butt Roasts on sale for 99¢/lb...and I had just used the last of our pulled pork in the enchiladas that I made over the holidays. This is the store that also carries the ground pork that has no added saline solution so I can use it for Woody's breakfast sausage so I grabbed a couple of pounds of that while I was there. Now to get up the energy to cook the roast in a slow overn for a loooooong period of time. The cooking isn't the problem. The problem comes with having enough energy to pull it when it is finished! Didn't happen today...maybe tomorrow. After all, as Scarlett says, tomorrow is another day! I have really gotten underway with undecorating. The Precious Moments Nativity is back in boxes and ready to be stored away till I decorate for Christmas later in the year. I have made a lot of progress in other areas, too. The kitchen almost has no lingering Christmas...just a couple more things to remove. The dining room table is covered with things that need to be put away, but that will happen as boxes continue to be brought out. The china cabinet has all the Christmas items removed from behind its doors. I haven't gotten to Caroler boxes so they are still singing from their spots in the living room. There will be no annual gathering on the coffee table for one last sing this year, as I have already put things on the coffee table that will stay. I am going with a winter theme on the coffee table and also on the buffet and dining room table...that way it isn't such a shock when all is gone. I will admit that I am ready to have my counter space back in the kitchen. Things look a little bare but that is okay! I will get used to this new pared down look pretty quickly, I am sure. I have made many trips up and down the stairs. I am ready for the last trip up and down here shortly. I will go back down when I post this and start up the dishwasher and attend to Woody's leg. Then I plan to come back up and relax in my recliner. I have done enough for today! Woody finished a thick book of crossword puzzles that Melany and family gave him for his birthday...didn't even take him a month! Now he is working on baseball crosswords. I'm almost afraid to say it, but Woody has had several very good weeks. I think it is because he is eating better and also drinking more than he had been...so probably not as dehydrated as he gets sometimes. 2024 has started ever so much better than last year! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! 'Tis the season for one more day!

No comments:

Post a Comment