Thursday, January 25, 2024

Rainy-Stormy Thursday

It has been a do-a-little-of-everything day...and, in saying that, I can also say that not a lot has been accomplished! I did get shrimp scampi and rice pilaf made for supper...and, the mess is about cleaned up. The dishwasher is going, the dishes that couldn't go in the dishwasher are washed, counters are wiped off...the only thing left is to wipe off the stove and it's still not cool enough to wipe off. I'll do that when I go back down to dress Woody's leg wound. Dialysis went well today as far as Woody knows. We went to dialysis in a light rain and fog, but when I got him both the fog and rain had let up and there were even a few sightings of blue sky as I drove to the center. Before picking Woody up, I picked up two medications for Woody at the pharmacy. Once I got Woody home from dialysis, neither of us left the house again...well, I did go out and get the mail and sloshed out to the compost pile when it wasn't raining. We had a thunderstorm and very heavy rain for a time this afternoon. Woody said that the first clap of thunder surprised him. My iPad had warned me so it wasn't as much of a surprise for me. I have studied Sunday's Sunday School lesson (I'm teaching), stitched a little, and chose the next book that I'm going to read. I believe that I dozed in my chair a couple of times today...that happens when you are my age and get up at 4:30am! I'm pretty tired tonight. Tomorrow is going to be busy, too. Woody has a wound care appointment late morning and TN Oncology (Keytruda infusion) in the afternoon...lots of coming and going. I go to the wound care appointment, but I take him and leave him for his oncology appointment and pick him up about two hours later. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment