Saturday, January 6, 2024

Day 12 of 12 Days of Christmas: Christmas Memories

And, today we reach the 12th day of Christmas. January 6th is called Epiphany and is the dqy that tradition says that the Three Kings visited with Mary and Jospeh and preaented baby Jesus with their gifts. This day culminates the Christmas season. Now to share a memory about Epiphany. It was tradition in my family to take Christmas decorations down on January 1st...and, I always dreaded that day...dreaded it after I married and it was my reaponsibility to get them taken down! One year when I mentioned how much I disliked seeing January 1 come and what it meant, one of my fellow teachers shared that she and her family always waited till adter Epiphany to take down their Christmas. I decided that I would adopt this tradition and that way enjoy the end of a year and the start of another without getting into a mess for at least a few more days! These days, I tend to undecorate when the mood strikes me. But rarely on January 1st! I always say that my goal is to have everything put away by Valentine's Day! I have made more headway today with indecorating and redecorating...still a mess but progress! I will probably regret what I am doing. I have made the decision to pay tribute to Winter and am decoeating some of my tables with trees and snowmen...so it still looks decorated...that way the change from decoations to no decorations isn't so stark! But...this also means that I will still have more undecorating to do and have to figure out how to keep boxes where I can get to them to put what I have left out away! I have had a crazy idea this afternoon. I have a corner tree that we used to use in the family room and then for some years I used it in the living room instead of the big tree. And, when I used the corner tree, I used handmade ornaments on it...not the ornaments that I used to use on it in the family room...the theme of that tree was snowflakes and snowmen...perfect for my Winter theme!!!! So...maybe...I will put that tree up...still mulling that over in my mind! Woody had a very good day at dialysis. He said that everything went perfectly. But...this afternoon soon after lunch he got sick...the first time in more than a month that he has gotten sick. It is a week after Keytruda...so...maybe. Keytruda treatment before this he did not get sick in the following week...so I was questioning my theory...but now I will keep a watch on it. He is feeling fine this evening. Ruth came by for a visit this afternoon. It was nice to sit and visit and move away from the undecorating...she offered to help...but I told her a break from it was what would help the most! Woody has been working on his crossword puzzles. He has started his daily crossword puzzle calendar. You think your year moves fast...his really moves fast if you judge by the day that it is on this calendar! He does multiple days in one...it will keep him busy for a while...but not for a year! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious. And, with this blog, we will bid good-bye to 'Tis the season till later in the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment