Thursday, January 18, 2024

Still Mostly White Outside

Do you suppose I asked for all the white outside by decorating for Winter inside?!? I think that most of us are ready for the white to disappear...and it isn't doing that quickly enough. We got above freezing today, but it was cloudy so we didn't have the sun beating down to help with melting. Nathan took Woody to and from dialysis today. They started two hours late and then called me and said that they were only going to do three-hour treatments so he was to be picked up an hour earlier. They plan to do today's schedule again on Saturday...so two hours late and an hour early! Woody got a call this afternoon saying that his Keytruda appointment at TN Oncology needed to be postponed a week because the Keytruda hadn't gotten there. We were glad to hear that as that means we can stay home tomorrow! We have had some rain this afternoon and evening...don't know if it is regular rain or freezing...haven't gone out to check. I just know that the road is as white as it was earlier in the day. At this point it is still above freezing, but is supposed to go down to the upper 20s over night. And, I don't think that it is supposed to reach above freezing tomorrow. While Woody was at dialysis today, I made homemade flour tortillas. Woody had soft tacos for supper. He seemed to enjoy them. He has already settled in for another long winter's nap. I still need to go down and finish cleaning up the kitchen. I took a late nap this afternoon...maybe I can stay awake for a while this evening and be able to stitch a little. Lately once I sit down in my chair, I seem to doze off sooner than I want to! Woody was watching TV when I came upstairs, but I won't be surprised if I find him asleep when I go back down! I guess snowed-in days are lazy days...early to bed, early to rise and naps in between! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment