Friday, January 19, 2024

Not Much Change!

Tonight's photo shows what it looked like out our kitchen window a little after noon...still way too much white! Not a lot of melting took place today. It did get into the mid thirties for a short time today. The ramp is in good shape except fot the flat part outside the back door. I swept off the wet and then put a towel out to try to soak up the wet before things started refreezing late this afternoon...I also put out some more salt. I'm hoping that what I did will help it be okay in the morning. The area on our driveway that our neighbor shoveled and scraped os on great shape. Nathan is planning to come over around 8am and take Woody to dialysis. It is another 2-hour delay and a shortening of the treatment by one hour. We have stayed in all day...except for my brief foray out on the ramp! This morning I got busy and cleaned some...I cleaned the microwave and also the garbage disposal and generally got the countertops wiped off really good. I did some other things around the house before lunch and then after lunch, I sat in my recliner and stitched. I have made very good headway on the little turkey that I had been stitchng on since Thanksgiving. I'm not quite finished, but getting really close. I have started thinking about what I will pull out to stitch on next. Woody has done his usual crossword puzzles, watched some TV and has been working on his calendar of crossword puzzles...wonder what the date is on that calendar...he doesn't limit himself to just the one for "the" day. He is probably at least a quarter through the year or farther! I found one everyday object that had been eluding me since I put most of Christmas away. I remember putting this item in a place that would be easy to find when I needed it out on the counter again...well, the place didn't stick in my mind. I was looking for something else this morning and looked up on the top shelf in one of the cabinets and there it sat. I'm still wondering what I could have done with my Ov' Glove and two other pot holders...they still haven't surfaced and they weren't put away for Christmas...they just disappeared in everyday use! It's a total mystery to me...but probably like today...I will just come upon them one day! I think that most are ready for all this white stuff to be gone! Tonight we have a wind chill advisory till noon tomorrow...low over night in the single digits and the wind chill below zero! Next week there is a promise of 60° temps and lots of rain...that should get rid of the white that surrounds us now! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment