Saturday, January 20, 2024

Frigid and Frozen…STILL!!!!!!

Nathan came again this morning a little before 8am to take Woody to dialysis. I think of the three mornings this week, this is the first that they got there probably about on time (8:20). Nathan said that the main roads were in good shape...BUT...get on roads like our side roads and they were worse than earlier in the week. Tonight's photos were taken a little before 3pm. You can tell that not a lot of melting went on today. It stayed in the mid teens most of the day...once it got out of single digits. When this was taken it was 14° with a windchill of 0°! Just too cold! I haven't heard anyone saying that they are enjoying this extended period of snow/ice/frigid temperatures! Just about all are very ready to be done with this! It is only supposed to get to 32°, but Monday the temperatures are supposed to be rising into the upper 40s and it is supposed to rain..maybe...hopefully that will get this ice off our roads. I am hoping that I will be able to take Woody to dialysis on Tuesday. But till then we are staying inside. Our church has cancelled Sunday School and Worship service tomorrow due to extreme cold and continued bad road conditions. So that means that we have no reason to leave the house until Tuesday morning. I had my Zoom Cottey College Alum bookclub today. We had an enjoyable discussion...a nice safe way for me to get out of the house and visit with others! This "lock-down" due to weather has brought back memories of lock-down during Covid...glad that they end is in sight for this one! Woody had a good dialysis day...once again just a three hour session. He said that as far as he could tell the usual group of patients were there...all were making it in. I had thought that I would order groceries to be delivered...I got a message back that I had to put in another address if I wanted them delivered! I thought that was funny...wonder who I could have sent oir groceries to! But I guess they are not delivering in Tullahoma due to road conditions. We are not in dire need of groceries...it's just that I am having to become creative with what I fix as I have made all the meals that I had planned for the last trip to the store...so I have dug around in the pantry and freezer to come up with a few more to get us through to the thaw in a couple of days! One thing that I was glad that I had in the freezer...the bones from the last whole chicken I had cooked...with the cost of chicken these days. I freeze the carcus if I am not in need of broth at the time that I roast the chicken. So today I made chicken broth that will be the base for one of the recipes that I am going to make tomorrow. I have the broth chilling so I can skim the fat from it before I use it. On days like these, it is even more understood why some refer to chicken broth/stock as "liquid gold." I used up the last of my chicken broth when I made Chili Mac earlier in the week...technically that was supposed to have had beef broth in it, but Kroger was out of Swanson's no-salt beef broth so I opted to use my chicken broth...but then there was none in the freezer. Now I will have some to make my next concoction and will have some to freeze also...always good to have some on hand. I continued to do little cleaning jobs around the house. Today I worked on cleaning Woody's bathroom. I almost had it finished, but it was time for mu Zoom book club so I left the rest till later...well, later hasn't come yet...maybe tomorrow!! Snow days are lazy days!!! I have Woody settled for tonight along with putting antibiotic cream on his leg. I still have a couple of dishes to wash...but not many as I already ran the dishwasher with all the messy chicken borth pans...have a few of those left to take out of the dishwasher. I'll put in what we have used this evening and close the door on the dishwasher for today to add more tomorrow. My next task will be to make sure faucets are dripping and then I am going to settle in with my needlework. Woody has a football game on TV...don't know if he is watching or dozing! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment