Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Day 9 of 12 Days of Christmas: Christmas Memories

Tonight's Christmas memories center around the children at Christmas. This Nativity music box with Baby Jesus surrounded by baby animals just makes me smile. I, again, think of friendships as it was gifted us by the Hastys many years back. It plays "Oh, Little Town of Bethlehem. It has been wound many times over the years and listened to by each of us, but especially by the children. That is why I paired it with one of the many Christmas books that we read to Melany and Nathan and then to the grandchildren. We have had a fairly quiet day. I just did a little of this a little of that around the house today. I managed to stitch some both in the morning and in the afternoon. I am well underway with my latest stitching choice. I got Woody's lunch and then headed out for my hair appointment. I was really ready for a hair cut after five weeks between cuts when I usually get it cut every four weeks...a good deed done! When I came home, I started getting things ready for our telemed appointment...TV tray to put the iPad on and made sure that settings were working on my iPad with the Vanderbilt telemed system. Then I went back upstairs and stitched a little more before it was time for the appointment. This time the appointment was a lot closer to ontime that it has been in the past. The infectious disease doctor was pleased that Woody's wound seems to be about the same and she felt like we can stop bandaging the lower part of his leg...just put antibiotic ointment on it. I am glad as I have been checking into having to purchase bandaging materials that wound care wanted and it was very expensive per bandage...between $3 and #5 per bandage and we were to change the bandage daily. They are no longer able to provide them for us due to some rule of Medicare so...that meant we were going to have to purchase them. Last night I was checking around and 100 of the bandages cost almost $500...all I could think was that there has to be a better aka cheaper way to go about this. And, Dr. Allos came up with that plan...no bandage at all!!!! I'm glad to go along with her plan. Now we will see what wound care thinks when we go back to see them next week! I have felt for some time that the bandage was harming the skin more than helping it...but I'm not the wound care doctors so went along with them...now infectious disease agreed with me...so we will see how his leg does over the next week without a bandage and see if wound care agrees with us!!! I rebandaged his open wound below his knee and applied antibiotic ointment below that on his leg, after the telemed appointment so that job is done for today...not a before-bed nursing duty for today. We have had supper. I will go load up supper dishes in the dishwasher and then do what else Woody needs done before bed. Then I am coming back upstairs to stitch and read. I haven't done much today, but I am tired...well, I didn't have an afternoon snooze...maybe that is why! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! 'Tis the season...for a few more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment