Monday, January 29, 2024

Monday, Monday!

Except for prayer meeting tonight, it has been a stay-at-home day. I spent the morning pretty much in the kitchen. I decided today was the day to cook a pork loin roast. Before I put it in the oven I cut off about a pound and cubed it up and put it in the freezer for future sweet 'n sour pork. Then I roasted the rest of it. After it was done, I made gravy. I needed gravy for the next time that I make enchiladas. We also used some of the gravy for lunch and had hot pork sandwiches. Pretty tasty! This afternoon I recovered from all my cooking. Woody has done his usual crossword puzzles and TV watching and resting. I went to prayer meeting for the first time since just before Christmas...we planned to not have orayer meeting on Christmas and New Years...but the other two weeks we had not planned on the snowy/icy roads to keep us away. It was good to be back. Woody made his way over to the couch while I was away...so guess he is ready to call it a day...hoping to get rest so he can be up and at um early in the morning! I have a little more to do in the kitchen and then I will head upstairs for the night...hoping to do a little reading and stitching. Last night I spent some time putting away embroidery floss that I had used on a piece that I have finished. I've also been sorting through recipes...deciding which recipes to keep that I had printed off and decide where it is best to put them so they can be found again...those that I chose to keep. I just had too many loose recipe papers laying around! Maybe I'll get them put in a notebook tomorrow. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment