Friday, February 12, 2010

Happy Abraham Lincoln's Birthday!


Woody got up early, went to work, walked at lunch, worked some more, came home, went to the grocery store and then has been resting and relaxing this evening. It has been a busy day for me...got up to empty the refrigerator, then Nathan took the old one out...then we waited for the new one to arrive. I don't know what the delivery man would have done if Nathan hadn't been over here...Nathan carried in refrigerator doors and drawers, and helped level it, etc. The delivery man scared me a bit when he said that he didn't think that it would fit...he measured the opening and then went out to the truck to measure the refrigerator...he said that he didn't want to take it off the truck if it wouldn't fit! But my expert measurers were right and it did fit. After he left, Nathan and family and I checked out the features. Then they went home so I could put food in the refrigerator and organize it. Then they came back to check out what it looked like with something in it. Woody came home and then left to do the grocery shopping and pick up a couple of prescriptions for me at the pharmacy. Abigail came back over to read to me from Dick and Jane and Graham came too to hang out. After Abigail read, she decided to do art projects to hang on the refrigerator. Graham joined her in that endeavor while I cooked supper for Woody and me. After supper, Joy came over to have Goosey (Woody) read to her. I'm tired...but very happy with the new refrigerator...now to get used to it! I keep going to where the handle used to be when I want to open it (well, think about it...that handle had been in the same place for 37 years!)! Hard to teach this old grammy new tricks!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment