Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Harbinger of Spring!

Look what's peeking up in our garden!

Woody got up early, took his anti-nausea pill, headed to work, took his 8 chemo drug study pills, worked, walked at lunch, worked some more, and came home to rest and relax. He has completed another day of drug study pills. He felt a little queasy today, but nothing like yesterday. We are pretty sure that the cause of his nausea yesterday was taking his pain medication on an empty stomach.

I took in Woody's prescription for the phosphorous supplement today. But when I went back to pick it up, they told me that the doctor had written it for a way that it is no longer dispensed. They had a phone call in to him...now...if that call will get to him will be the next question. These research doctors can sometimes be hard to find. I will call tomorrow to see if he has gotten back to pharmacy. If he hasn't, then I'll put in a call to one of the research nurses to see if she can get the prescription straightened out. I had four of the neighbor grandchildren over to either have preschool lessons or to read to me this morning and right after lunch. Then I headed to church to work in the library for a little while and ran a couple of errands...picked up Aleve (one of the medications that the doctor wants Woody to try for pain during the day) and also some Gatorade (the doctor wants Woody to drink more and wanted him to drink something with more minerals in it than water...the doctor doesn't know Tullahoma water!). Tomorrow I'll get back in party preparation mode!

No comments:

Post a Comment