Thursday, February 4, 2010

Cycle 8, Day 3

Woody got up early, took his anti-nausea pill, went to work, took his 8 chemo drug study pills, worked, walked at lunch, worked some more, and then came home to rest and relax. I asked him how he was doing today and he said "fair to middlin'." I think that means he feels some better than he had lately...as he had just been saying "I'm here" when I asked him how he was feeling.

It has been a busy day for me. I spent the morning cooking and planning "logistics" (what dishes to use and where to place them, etc.) for our party on Saturday. Then this afternoon, I went over to Nathan and Kathy's to take care of Esther and Elijah while Nathan, Kathy, Graham, Abigail, and Joy did a program at a local elementary school. I came home and worked some more in the kitchen. And, as soon as I blog I'm going to go make a dessert.

We're still trying to get the phosphorous supplement for Woody. I called the drugstore and they still hadn't heard from the doctor, so I called one of the research nurses at Vanderbilt. She said that she would find out what the doctor wanted Woody to have and phone it in to the pharmacy. So around 4:30 I called the pharmacy to see if they had gotten the modified prescription. The pharmacist got on the phone to explain to me that they don't have what the doctor wants Woody to have...so they had tried to get it from the local hospital pharmacy. Our pharmacy sent someone to get it it from the hospital pharmacy, but when they brought it back it didn't match up exactly to what had been prescribed. So they have ordered it and it will be at the pharmacy by noon tomorrow. I'm beginning to think that it may make him glow!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment