Saturday, February 13, 2010

Too many options!

Oops! The above mess in our office/school room is the reason for my late posting. I have been trying to print a handout for my Sunday School class...main problem = trying to print it front and back! This was the first time that I attempted to do such a copying task on the printer that Woody gave me for Christmas...well...it almost took an act of Congress to accomplish the task...and all the papers on the floor are errors that I made while trying! So much for saving paper when you print front and back! But I did finally accomplish the task...just not easily...and it took me most of the evening to print out 16 copies of 3 front and back pages. Live and learn! (I guess!) There is still another way that this task could have been accomplished...we won't go there today! I still say that part of the problem is that I like an instruction book...and there isn't one with this printer...at least not a printed one...I can print out one that was put on my computer desktop...but I looked at what was on the computer manual and it didn't explain it the way I needed it explained...they assume some prior knowledge of what one is trying to do! I need illustrations...which way the paper is to be inserted, etc. Oh, well...

Woody slept in a bit later than usual this morning (good for him!). He went to the library. He read and watched DVD's and TV this afternoon and evening. He has been hurting. He did try the Aleve and Tylenol this morning...but too late in the day to be able to take two doses before it is time to take the stronger pain medication.

I made soup this morning...one of our favorites--J. Hatheway's Italian Sausage. The new refrigerator made cooking an adventure today, since I was seeing if my organization of it worked when I started taking things out to use in making the recipe. And, so far I like the way it is organized. I really like the freezer on the bottom...it was very easy to get to the broth that I needed. We were a bit concerned whether a big soup pot would fit on a shelf without taking out another shelf or at least moving one up...but it did fit...just had to turn the lid upside down. All the above said to say that we are both very happy to "at last" have a new refrigerator. The serious hunt for a new refrigerator started when Woody spent several hours at an H.H. Gregg store while I was in a sewing class in Nashville. He came out armed with all sorts of information. BUT unfortunately that day happened to be back in September of 2008...just two days before Woody's bicycle accident...and since the bicycle accident...life sort of got in the way of refrigerator shopping! But finally...

No comments:

Post a Comment