Sunday, February 21, 2010

Compost Boy to the rescue!

And...here you have the secret sewing that I was doing for Graham. One of Graham's chores is to take the compost buckets from his house and ours and empty them in our joint-family compost pile. I started calling him "Compost Boy." So now when he comes to get our bucket he says "Compost Boy" when I open the door. Goosey (Woody) shared a library book called "Captain Nobody" with Graham and Nathan. The picture on the front of that book shows a boy with a cape and a mask...and either Woody or Graham came up with the plan that Graham needed a "Compost Boy" costume. I decided that a good symbol to use would be the recycle symbol inside a big "C" and that camouflage fabric would be good for the cape and the appliqued "C." So he can do this job in his costume in either cold or warm weather, I machine embroidered the design on both a short and long sleeve shirt. He was pleased with his new Compost Boy costume...there is still a part of it to come...a mask...I need him to get it just the right size...so "one of these days," I'll figure out a way to make him a mask out of the camo fabric. I guess we have just made a chore that he enjoyed anyway a little bit more fun! Not long after lunch, our door bell rang...and it was "Compost Boy!" The two pictures on the bottom left show him trying out his costume for the first time. Then he had fun running and spinning around in the front yard making the cape fly out (bottom right). So there you have it...we have created a new super hero!

Woody and I both taught our Sunday School classes this morning. Then we came home and ate lunch (Stuffed Spud Soup that I made yesterday). Woody made cranapple crisp. We watched a DVD together..."Miss Potter"...a movie based on the life of Beatrix Potter of "Peter Rabbit, Benjamin Bunny, etc. fame." Since it is a beautiful day, we took a short walk. It got up in the mid 60's today. Makes one feel like spring might get here eventually...but from what I hear of weather reports for this week...we shouldn't get too used to these higher temperatures. Later in the afternoon, Woody started having quite a bit of pain in his shoulder and arm...enough that he finally took a pain pill. I sat for a while on the front porch while the four oldest of the neighbor grandchildren played on the porch and in our front yard. At the moment Woody is resting in his recliner. I'm hoping that we will be able to get reception this evening so I can watch more of the Olympics...ice dancing, Since the switch over to digital, reception from NBC out of either Nashville or Huntsville is "iffy"...it's best if it is snowing or raining...and it isn't doing either of those tonight! Last night we could see...but the sound was very choppy...tonight I'm not sure that I could stand choppy sound when the ice dancers are performing...one sort of needs to hear the music along with watching the dances!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment