Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Cycle 8, Day 8


It should be down hill from this point on for this cycle...at least as far as chemo medication goes. Woody took the last four chemo pills this morning for cycle 8. I completed filling out the chart and rebagged the chemo pill bottles to return when we go back in March. They are now out of sight...out of mind! He also (finally) took his first dose of the phosphorous supplement just a few minutes ago...now two days more for taking that. He got up early, took his chemo pills before heading to work, went to work, didn't walk at lunch due to rain, worked some more, and then came home to rest and relax. He has been reading and watching TV this evening.

I spent the day getting underway with the next phase of Esther's quilt. I have worked quite a few hours on it...and not a lot to show for it. I had to prepare the machine embroidery design that I wanted to go around some of the designs in the squares on the quilt...that took a while. I have started machine embroidering them...takes longer to get the quilt hooped correctly than it does to sew out the design. I have four of the twelve squares that I am using this quilting design on completed...so a ways to go just to complete this phase...then on to the next phase and the next and the... I'm afraid that Esther won't be needing it to keep warm by the time that I get it completely finished! At least it isn't just to be used as a quilt...it is also to be used as a bedspread for her trundle drawer bed.

Tonight's picture is some metal birds on the front of a store that we pass on the way to Vanderbilt. The store is called Fire Finch. I took the picture while we were stopped at a red light. I messed with the colors, shading, saturation, etc. for tonight's blog picture. (Guess I didn't have anything better to do!)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment