Sunday, February 7, 2010

Day is done!

Day is done, gone the sun,
From the lake, from the hills, from the sky,
All is well, safely rest, God is nigh.

When I titled the blog tonight, these words from a song that I learned in Girl Scouts went through my head. I couldn't remember all the words in the stanza...so I googled "Day is done" and found out that they were words to "Taps." I hadn't thought of these words in a long time...and had definitely forgotten that they were a stanza from "Taps." Now I am hearing that tune in my head and remember playing "Taps" when I was in band....and...the words do fit the music in my head...so now...I remember!

We both went to Sunday School this morning. Woody taught his class. We came home and ate lunch (one of the flavors of chili...nice to have a choice and the toppings from yesterday!) And, then we both settled in to watch a DVD that Woody had gotten at the library yesterday. It was "Julie and Julia." We were surprised that he found such a recent movie at our library. We enjoyed it.

Nathan and family came over to eat leftover chili tonight and stayed for a while watching the Super Bowl...so guess that you could say that we had a Super Bowl Party! My but we have turned into "party animals!" (Not really!)

And, now...day is done!

No comments:

Post a Comment