Monday, February 15, 2010

Cycle 8, Day 14


Surely seeing bluebirds flying to their houses in the garden means that Spring is on its way...even though it it was snowing at the time that I took this picture?? We woke up to the ground covered in snow once again. Woody got up early and was probably the first one to drive on the snow and ice in our subdivision. He said that once he got to the main roads, he drove in ruts other vehicles had already made or the streets and/or intersections had been salted. He didn't walk at lunch today due to the weather. The streets were clear of snow by the time he came home...but we have had some more flurries since and they are once again white. Woody has settled in for an evening with a book and the TV. Today marks the half-way point in the 8th cycle of his chemo drug study.

I took quite a few pictures this morning...took some and then came in to warm up...it was in the low 20's...then went out and took some more...and then came in to warm up again! I didn't stray too far from our front porch. I did go down the steps so I could get a better view of our grandchildren who were braving the cold. I guess that wore me out, because when I came in to upload the pictures from the camera to the computer, I ended up falling asleep in my chair while waiting! This afternoon I made a new recipe for our supper...and the cooking and the cleaning up has about worn me out again. The last pan is soaking while I blog. I will go down as soon as I post this and finish washing that pan and then turn on the dishwasher and then...the kitchen will be closed for the night!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment