Thursday, February 25, 2010

What's around the next bend?

The critters seemed to be out in full force today...several that we hadn't seen before. This llama is a new animal to add to my digital photo album. I do love taking the country road...it's never the same drive twice or thrice or...

Woody slept in a bit later than usual, since he wasn't going to work today and his appointment at Vanderbilt wasn't as early today as some days. We left around 10am. He was all checked into radiology by noon. Everything went like clock-work...sign in, wait, drink contrast, wait 45 min. to an hour, get IV "hook-up," have scan, head for home. Woody's appointment was for 2pm and we were heading to the car at 2pm...seems to me that we planned well for this appointment! We walked back into the house about 4pm. We stopped on the way home to get gas at Kroger in Murfreesboro...that way we can take advantage of Kroger's lower gas prices for their customers (our Kroger doesn't have gas). We came home and popped a pizza in the oven. And, now we are both fading. Woody was dozing in his recliner, when I came upstairs to blog. And, I have been fighting sleep while waiting for the pictures to upload.
I'm looking forward to the beginning of ladies' figure skating...but...if it is like last night...I won't see much of the Olympics...and, it won't be due to TV reception...last night almost as soon as I plopped down to watch...I fell sound asleep and slept through most of the events...guess I was tired!
The phone just rang...our friendly Vanderbilt automated appointment reminder call about next Tuesday's appointments! Hardly home from Vanderbilt and they are calling for us to come back! Woody will find out about the scan results on Tuesday. The scans along with lab work will determine if he will go on to a 9th cycle in this chemo drug study. That day, I guess you could say, we will learn what is about around the next bend in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment