Thursday, February 11, 2010

He saw his shadow!


Woody got up early, headed into work (door on car closed today!), worked, walked at lunch...and this is where the shadow story comes in...Woody said that he walked at lunch today...that it was rather pleasant since the wind wasn't blowing much...and he saw his shadow...and thus concluded that there will be one less day of winter...come tomorrow!!!! He worked some more and then came home and has been relaxing in his recliner this evening. He downed his last phosphorous supplement a couple of hours ago. So life is good!

I took school next door this morning...that kept the little ones from having to go out in the cold. I think they had fun having more than one student in their class! One on one is good...but it is nice to have more once in a while. Esther got to see me give Joy a lesson that Esther will be ready for before long. After I did a couple of lessons with Joy and Esther, Graham joined us for a group lesson. Abigail was away with her mom and Elijah. After school, I headed off to meet a friend for lunch. When we were talking, she reminded me of the day that I took the above pictures. Can you tell where I took these?

After lunch, I went refrigerator shopping!!! Now, not everyone would be excited over such a shopping excursion, but...we have our original refrigerator bought when Nathan was a year old...now, not to tell how old Nathan is...but the refrigerator will be 37 years old in a couple of months. Even though we have had it that long...I don't think that anyone will see me shed very many tears about it going out the door! One of the problems with getting a new one is the space that it has to fit in...most new refrigerators are MUCH larger than our space. At our party on Saturday I asked that the men attending help me measure the space and tell me the largest dimensions that we could squeeze in the space. So armed with those dimensions, I started hunting on the internet for refrigerators that size. When Woody and I had started looking at refrigerators a year or so ago...we really liked the French door models with the freezer on the bottom. Well, the ones we looked at were much too wide for our space. The other thing that I wanted was the bisque color to match our other appliances in the kitchen. The refrigerator that we have now is harvest gold...ahhhhh to have a neutral color. But...bisque is hard to find...most refrigerators now come in white, black or stainless steel. So we wanted two things that it looked like we couldn't get...the style and the color. I had been trying to decide which of the three colors now being offered I could live with and also was ready to just settle for a regular refrigerator with a freezer on the bottom. But...when searching the internet, I found a French door model that would fit in our space AND....drum rollllllllllll.........found it in the bisque color. And, I could get it from Sears (we actually have an appliance Sears store here in town). So I printed off the information from the website and headed in today to show them which model I wanted them to order for me. I walked in...AND...there it stood on the floor. And, now to make a long story short...it will be delivered tomorrow around noon!

Today is the one year anniversary of Woody entering Vanderbilt for his first IL-2 treatments. Glad that is behind us! For those who don't know what I am referring to, look back in last year's blog posts in February...that episode in our lives begins with the post "A Room With Two Views."
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment