Thursday, February 18, 2010

Bye, Bye Birdies!

Glad to say "bye, bye" to these Starlings...definitely not my favorite bird...and they come in such large flocks...but they made an interesting black and white picture.

Woody got up early (me too) and went to work, worked, walked at lunch, worked some more, and then came home to rest and relax...pretty much "same ol' same ol'! A week from today is his next CT scan for the drug study.

I woke up early and couldn't get back to sleep because I was thinking and planning sewing...so decided to go on and get up and sew rather than think about it! I worked for a while on Esther's quilt...seeing if I had figured out the computer quilt design calculator in my sewing machine. I really wanted to try at least one short side to see if it would work. And...work it did! Now to do three more sides. But I have had to set the quilt aside to work on a secret sewing present for the oldest grandchild next door...so hard to keep things hidden when he is in and out over here! The two youngest girls had doctor appointments this morning...so I declared it another day for "no school" at Grammy's, so I could get going on the birthday present. I have one part of the present completed. The Olympics are cutting in on my evening sewing time!

Graham called a little while ago to report on a success with his Lego robot. He came over to show us that it was working. He and his daddy had to do some changes in the way the wires had been originally put in...so Graham was a happy camper to get to show us that the robot was now running. He had thought that one of the motors was broken.

Well, back to sewing till it's time for the Olympics...men's skating tonight...my favorite part of the Olympics is the ice skating...but I really enjoy the other events too.

No comments:

Post a Comment