Thursday, October 28, 2010

Busy Thursday

Found this fellow on our front door a couple of days ago...I had trouble getting his picture till I took him from the side! A bit fierce looking?!

Woody got up early and went on a walk to test out his new size of shoes. I think that they passed the test. He walked to Krystal's and back...about six miles. Then later in the morning he went to the grocery store. Joy, Esther and Abigail cycled through doing some reading and/or math with me in the morning. Then after lunch Graham came over to read to me. I read to all of them after they read to me...so I have read quite a few stories today...and several of them a couple of times! After Graham read, I decided to start a soup for Woody's supper tonight. I was leery about it as it has horseradish in it (not a favorite flavor of mine). But once all the ingredients were in it, that flavor blended in and it wasn't noticeable. This is a new soup for us...Creole soup...pretty good. Woody is on his second bowl as I type! I am not eating with him tonight as I am getting ready to go out to dinner with my ladies' Sunday school class. We are going to a restaurant in Lynchburg...Cattywampus.

I was in contact with Woody's research nurse today checking to see if Woody was supposed to have lab work done this time as it wasn't note on any of the appointment papers. I was pretty sure that he was supposed to, but didn't want to make him give up any of his blood if it wasn't necessary! I just got an email back from the nurse and he does have to have labs done at least an hour before his scans. They are checking his creatinine levels prior to giving him the dyes that they give during the scans.

Well, an early blog since I am heading out for a "night on the town!"

No comments:

Post a Comment