Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Successful Day!

Bags of paper, etc. that needed to be recycled (after cleaning the church library) got picked up at our curbside recycling that Tullahoma provides its residents. Big success to have those off our front porch! Then Woody put a call in to the doctor and told her that he did need to have the eye drop prescription filled. A little after noon, he got the call back from the doctor's office that they had phoned it into our pharmacy. So success in getting the prescription phoned in. This morning, I decided to try one more time to get the NIH patient rate for our hotel...this was either the fourth or fifth time that I had called the reservation 800# over the last week and a half. They always quoted a higher price than what I know the NIH rate to be. Finally, today, less than a week till we need the room, I was able to get the NIH rate for both nights. I have finally figured out that they don't like to give out rooms at that rate till close to the date...they want to get as many rooms filled with their "normal" rates (which can be as much as three times the NIH patient rate). Today marked the day when it was less than a week to the day that we needed the room...so guess at this point they want to start filling those rooms that might be empty next week! That was a good feeling to finally get those reservations. When the gentleman said that, yes, they had the rate for both nights and the rate he quoted was the rate we paid on other visits, I said "hallelujah!" I'm sure he wondered about me...but he was very nice! So success in getting a room for two nights next week in Bethesda at the hotel that we feel like is our home away from home! After getting home with his new shoes last week, Woody realized that they didn't feel as good as they had felt in the store. So today he walked to town and exchanged them for a larger pair...another success for the day. On the way home he picked up his prescription at our pharmacy. And, the biggest success of the day...I was able to put/get them in his eyes!!!!!!!! This afternoon while Woody took his to town and back, I got a call from one of my Internet sewing friends. She was having some trouble doing something with her machine embroidery software. I managed to walk her through it over the phone...so one more success for the day.

Oh, to add a bit more to yesterday's story of Woody's money blowing away when he was paying for gas...it was five bills...not just one that he had to chase down! Wish I had a video of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment