Saturday, October 16, 2010

Do you see what I see?

This has been a pretty "normal" Saturday. Imagine that! Woody made a quick trip to the library this morning (didn't take long at all since he drove!). He brought me back a book that I am having trouble keeping my nose out of! In my spare time today, I keep finding myself going to it rather than to the sewing machine...as had been my plan. I spent most of the morning making Spit Pea Soup (Woody is still seeking soft food to eat). After the soup was made, I went to pick up some prescriptions at the pharmacy. After I got back home, Woody asked me if I wanted to go for a walk. We went about a quarter of a mile away and sat on at a picnic table by a little pond. As we approached, a large crane/heron-type bird flew off. I saw it fly toward the trees across the way, but didn't see it go any farther...so I kept a watch out for it. And sure enough I eventually spotted it in the dead tree across the way. I never got more than a silhouette...but I'm pleased with what I did manage to get considering how far away the tree was from where we were sitting. I kept hoping that it would fly back to the pond, but I think that it had spotted us and wasn't going to make a move till we left. We did attempt to walk closer to it, but it flew away. We saw lots of birds while we sat there. Woody took a book so he could read while I attempted to take pictures. It was a very pleasant day to spend some time sitting in the shade of a tree by a pond reading and taking pictures. We were also entertained periodically by airplanes flying over...Tullahoma must have had a fly-in or an air show today. I managed to capture a few pictures of planes as well as birds...perhaps pictures for a future blogs! Woody has read, watched football and library DVD's and rested. He seems to be doing "ok" two days after his fall. He still looks a little rough. He has a sore spot on his left shoulder and left hand and his mouth is still very sore and he doesn't want to do any more chewing than absolutely necessary. But he seems to be on the mend.


No comments:

Post a Comment