Thursday, October 7, 2010

Establishing Routine...at least trying!

What is routine...really? It seems like lately we can never get into a routine...trips change routine...just life changes routine! Today I got up determined to get a little done...that is about all I got done was a little...or so it seemed during the day...but now that I look back at it we were pretty busy! Woody left a little after 6am for about a seven mile walk. Then later in the morning he walked to the fruit market and the pharmacy. He also made tuna salad (reason he walked to the fruit market...he wanted tuna stuffed tomatoes). After lunch he read and napped. I worked on getting things back in order after the trip and also did some cleaning. Then in the afternoon I had school on our front porch since it was such a beautiful day. Esther and I went over some of the sounds that the letters make. Joy and I read some lists of phonetic words. Abigail and Graham read out of their extra reading books. After Graham read, he and I came in to see if Goosey (Woody) needed to be awakened from his afternoon nap. But he was already awake. When I told Woody that I had read with all four, I asked him what he had been doing and he said that he guessed that he fell asleep. Graham helped me with some of my dusting AND he vacuumed the stairs. Great help!

I am blogging late tonight because Woody and I went next door to take care of five little munchkins while Nathan and Kathy went shopping for Abigail and Joy's birthdays. We had a fun and crazy time! When the fun and games ended, Abigail was a big help...she gave Joy and Esther their baths. Graham helped too by helping me get Elijah ready for bed. I put Elijah to bed and then the rest of us gathered downstairs for stories. Graham opted to look at some baseball cards and talk with Woody about them. Then the four headed upstairs for tooth brushing and prayers. Just as I tucked the last one in and said the last prayer, Nathan and Kathy came home.
So that sums up our first day home after the latest trip to NIH. Tonight's picture is of yesterday's sunrise in Virginia. Woody stopped at a rest stop so I could snap a picture of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment