Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thoroughly Thursday

Thoroughly BUSY Thursday! Woody got up early and read. I had a meeting at church at 9am so Woody drove me to the church. He parked the car at the church and then proceeded to go on and do his errands on foot...which included going to the Credit Union and to the shoe store. Yeah...he listened to me and bought new shoes...hopefully no more slipping on sidewalks! After the meeting at church, another library worker and myself went to work trying to clean up some of the piles, bags, etc. that have accumulated around the library. I brought bags and bags of books home with me to go through with Woody to decide which to keep and which to give to the public library for their sale. That job didn't take long...quite a few bags will be heading to our public library when we go on Saturday. After all that I was pretty tired...as it was then getting well on into the afternoon so I decided to flop on our bed and read for a few minutes to recoup...well, it didn't take many sentences in my book to see I wasn't going to be able to keep my eyes open to read...so I took a power nap...well, probably a bit longer than a power nap should last...when I woke up, I went downstairs to fix our supper. Woody had peeled potatoes and cooked the broccoli while I rested (and he cleaned up the kitchen!). Woody wanted to try creamy broccoli soup...which starts out with a potato base...so while the base simmered, I pureed the broccoli. I ended up with more potato base than was needed for the broccoli soup so I concocted a creamy ham and cheese soup, too. So now Woody is reading. And, I'm not sure that I have enough energy to start on the next phase on Joy's quilt or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment