Friday, October 22, 2010

Frustrating (?) Friday

I had trouble coming up with just exactly the right word that starts with "fr" that described the day. It has been rather frustrating for me to think that I have been up so long and didn't accomplish close to what I wanted to accomplish. I woke up looooooooong before Woody this morning...it seems that if I go to bed early then I will only sleep around four hours and then wake up and not be able to get back to sleep. I have been up since between 2:30 and 3am and haven't taken a nap...though I did just about fall asleep a couple of times today when I was trying to read. I got up as quietly as possible...trying not to disturb Woody too much and headed to the sewing room...I decided that if I couldn't sleep then I should accomplish something...like quilt some more on Joy's quilt. And, I did get quite a bit done on it. When Woody got up, I put it aside for a little while and went downstairs and made us a mushroom and Parmesan cheese omelet. After breakfast, Woody cleaned up the kitchen for me. I went back upstairs and worked some more on Joy's quilt. Then when it got closer to time for the girls to come over for school, I set it aside and started some wash. In the end Nathan and Kathy and family were yard saling and running errands, so we didn't have a lot of time for school over here today. After lunch I talked Woody into coming with me to the church library. I want him to look through the books on our shelves to see what books need weeding. He did one section, then he read for a while, and then he left for a meeting. I continued to work in the library...that was the most frustrating part of my day...I worked on processing books...I must have worked on 50 or more books all together...but in the end there were only three that were ready for circulation...just so many steps to get them on the shelves. I did get lots of memorial plates printed off and put into the fronts of the books...the library software makes it so much easier than the way I was doing them before...typing each one individually! I probably would have had more books ready to put into circulation, but we were out of date due slips...we're waiting for them to come in the mail...hopefully next week. After I worked in the library, I drove home. Woody walked home from downtown Tullahoma after he finished with his meeting...trying out his new shoes! He got home a little after I got home. We have been resting and relaxing this evening. Well, I should be doing a little less relaxing as I "should" be getting my Sunday School lesson ready...but the fact that I have been up for so many hours makes me think that it will be a bit difficult to concentrate on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment