Monday, October 11, 2010

It's that time of year!

Soup time! I just took off the stove burner our first pot of soup of the season...Spicy Vegetable Beef. Now...temperature-wise it really doesn't "feel like" soup weather...but we had this pot planned before we knew that it was going to be 90 degrees here today. But as you can see by this picture...fall colors are creeping in. This photo was taken here in TN on our way home from NIH last week...so the colors have crept in a bit more since then...slowly but surely God's paint brush is touching our trees. Such a beautiful time of year.

Woody took about an hour walk this morning. He waited for it to warm up a bit before he went out. The really cool mornings show signs of Fall. He has read and helped me get the soup underway...he sauteed and chopped and dumped most of the ingredients into the pot while I finished reading with Graham. Woody is now at the Monday prayer meeting at church. I had school with the three girls this morning and then later in the afternoon Graham came over to read. A little after lunch I had my 6-month check-up with my neurologist...everything seems to be the same with my Transverse Myelitis...continue on the same path for another six months.
Here's a link to the blog post that explains Transverse Myelitis:
http://wdorrell.blogspot.com/2009/03/my-turn.html

No comments:

Post a Comment