Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Another Hot One!

This little birdie seems to be keeping cool, though! I took this picture on the bird and wildlife trail on Big Walker Mountain in VA. I haven't stopped long enough to identify him, yet. Any of you know what he is?

Woody got up early and walked about seven miles. He worked some in the gardens...mainly watering a couple of them. After the grass dried enough, he started in on mowing...that has been what he spent the most of his time outdoors today. He has read and watched some TV. I slept in late. For lunch I had a sandwich with the homemade pickle relish on it...pretty good! Woody and also tested the refrigerator bread and butter pickles...today was their third day. Again, quite good. Guess tomorrow we will test the Crazy Dill Pickles. After lunch, I met up with a fellow library worker at the church and we worked. We ended up spending a lot of time straightening out the check-out cards...someone had dumped them and then just put them back in any old way! I likened it to "52 card pickup," but with a LOT more cards. It was quite a mess, but we accomplished getting all the cards back in order. On the way home I stopped at my favorite store in town and bought some thread for Abigail's dress and visited. Then I came home and made our supper...Linguine with Chunky Tomato Sauce and Sweet Italian Sausage. We ate and now we are settling in for a quiet evening on the home front.

I forgot to mention that Woody did talk to the Vanderbilt research nurse yesterday. I commented after he got through that he didn't give them much information. He said that he answered all her questions. He said that the reason that they call is just to see if he is still alive! The good Lord willin' they will be making LOTS of calls!

No comments:

Post a Comment