Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sunday of Remembering

Today would have been my mother's 99th birthday so I have had many thoughts of her today. When I was trying to decide on a picture for tonight's blog, I finally decided that I would put in a picture of this basket of berries that resides on our kitchen table. Mother gave it to us quite a few years ago. There are times of the year that the sun comes in the kitchen window over the sink and seems to light up the berries. On Mother's last visit to TN she enjoyed the berries with the sun shining on them so much. When the phenomenon happened while she was here she would sit down at the table and just enjoy the sight...so now when the sun lights them up I think of Mother. It's like she is smiling at me! I went looking for a picture of this basket of berries with the sun on them...I was sure that I had one or two or...in my archive of pictures...and sure enough...BUT...I went downstairs before I started to blog and lo and behold the picture that you see above is what greeted me! So here is a picture of Mother's berry basket taken today on her birthday rather than one that I had to dig out of my archive of pictures!



We have had a typical Sunday. Woody and I both went to the early church service and then went to Sunday School. He taught his class. Then we came home and have taken it easy the rest of the day. Woody is now at the evening church service.

No comments:

Post a Comment