Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Doing the Happy Dance!

I went to the church library a bit later today, as the computer tech person who is assigned to the library wanted to meet me to see what we could do to get the computers up and running again. Ever since we shut the three of them down, moved them out of the library for the renovation and then brought them back in and hooked them up again, the computers have not "talked" to each other. We only had one up and running and the other two just sat there "looking pretty!" Well, when the tech person came in tonight, he finally understood the problem and it was a pretty quick fix. So we now have a work/processing computer, a check-out computer, and a card catalog for the public...once again...hip-hip-hooray! One more step toward getting the library up and "really" running again...we have been "on hold" since prior to the renovation. Now we are waiting for a couple of cabinets to be built and then we will really be "cooking with gas" in the library!

Woody got up really early and went on his eight-mile walking route. He has read, mowed, picked veggies, been to the farmer's market (bought me an eggplant), went to the Credit Union and then to the store to buy some things that he needed to make a new kind of pickles, made the new recipe for pickles, watched a bit of TV, and read some more. He has had a pretty busy day.

I went gallivanting once again. One of my friends needed to go to Sir's Fabrics in Fayetteville, TN and asked me to go along...so I happily tagged along with her. Sir's is quite a unique place...it has all sorts of upholstery, drapery and various and sundry other fabrics both on and off bolts...it is sort of "buyer beware" on some of the pieces, but if you find what you want/like and you check it out carefully, then you can sometimes get a pretty good deal. Sir's takes up two store fronts just off the square in Fayetteville...across the street from each other. Let's just say...it is a shopping experience! I found some indoor/outdoor fabric to make some pillows for the rocking chairs and glider on the front porch. I also picked up a swatch of an upholstery fabric that I liked to see how it would look in our family room...and, it definitely has potential for cushions on the glider rocker in our family room. I do like it. Now to make the decision as to whether I have the umph to do the job of recovering those cushions...if I do want/decide to, then I guess I need to go back before that particular fabric is gone! We were both happy with our finds and enjoyed our time together. We had lunch at a little cafe after our Sir's shopping experience. Then headed back to Tullahoma. I got home and relaxed for a little while before it was time to go to the library at church...and that brings up back to where I started this blog...with success of getting the computers communicating with each other once again. So several reasons for me to do a happy dance tonight...new fabric and computers working once again! Oh, and, also the fact that when I was walking into the house after going to the library that the little skunk, that was in the garden right in front of our porch, and I didn't have a close encounter of a very unpleasant kind...and, no, I didn't manage to get a picture of it...maybe next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment