Saturday, July 23, 2011

Yes, A Flower!

After last night's blog post, I thought that I needed to put up a better smelling picture. Just like last night's blog photo made me think (smell in my mind) a certain odor...tonight's evokes thoughts of a much more pleasant odor!

Woody got up early and walked his four-mile route. He has mowed a good section of yard. Later in the morning he walked to the library, the fruit/vegetable market, and to the drugstore. He has picked tomatoes (no cucumbers today!). He made us some pretty good sandwiches yesterday...Tomato Hummus sandwiches. I still like a bit of meat on my sandwiches..a vegan or vegetarian I will never be! Today he fixed himself the same sandwich, but I chose to go the route of a Panini sandwich...grilled ham and provolone cheese made on rye bread. I brushed the bread with our homemade basil oil before grilling it...quite good! Woody made another batch of pickles today...this time some more Freezer Dill Pickles. I continued my sewing...shortly Abigail's dress will have a back. Hopefully the front and back will be connected before I go to bed tonight. This dress has a lot of little details that are taking quite a bit of time. Plus it almost seems too hot to sew...the sewing room is upstairs and it is much hotter up here than downstairs. Woody brought up a fan this afternoon so I have been chasing pattern pieces around the room...but it does feel better to have the air moving. Once it got too hot for Woody to work any more outside, he came in and has read, watched library DVDs and some TV and just taken it easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment