Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Zippin' Right Along!

This year seems to be going by just as quickly as this motorcycle and it's interesting trailer (I took this picture out the car window on our way home from NIH). I can't believe that July is almost half over. Today has been another busy day...for Woody more so than for me. Woody got up really early and went downstairs to read. He usually doesn't walk early on Tuesday mornings since he walks to the church prayer room in the evening. I also got up early...earlier than I wanted to so got up and did a few things on the computer and then went back to bed for a couple of hours. Once it got light enough Woody headed outside to do some work in the yard...he sawed up another tree trunk that fell over back behind our house and he hauled it to the roadside pickup area. He also dug potatoes (I ate one for supper...pretty good!). We made more pickles today...this time Freezer Dill Pickles...I'm interested in how they will turn out as that is a way for us to make pickles and keep them a bit longer than the shelf-life of refrigerator pickles (and I still have no plans to start canning this late in my life!). Woody also picked and gathered more produce from the gardens...two more cucumbers!!!! And, he continued his battle of ridding our yard and Nathan and families' yard of poison ivy. And, he mowed! For lunch today we used produce from our gardens...tomatoes, cucumbers, dill, and basil...to make up our Caprese Salads...the store bought items that we had to add were fresh mozzarella, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. Woody watched a library DVD this afternoon...resting up a bit after his busy morning of doing work outside. I started working on Abigail's dress...still mainly in the planning process...but getting closer to the cutting out stage.

It has been another hot day...at least it was very hot the early part of the day...mid afternoon somewhere near us had a thunderstorm so it cooled us down a bit...still very humid. I surely do wish that the storm had produced a little rain for our gardens, but alas nary a drop here. Woody will be heading to the Prayer Room at church after the evening news.

No comments:

Post a Comment