Sunday, July 10, 2011

Hot July Sunday!

Woody got up early and went on an 8-mile walk. He went to the early church service and then taught Sunday School. I am feeling much better, but have taken it easy today and stayed in. I have just about finished the book that I started yesterday. Woody has read and watched a DVD and some TV today. It has been a good afternoon and evening to stay in and try to keep cool. One of the times that I was working on the computer I noticed that the Weather Bug temperature was in red numbers...that happens when it is 100 degrees or more! When I noticed it, it said 100 so I went downstairs to see what our digital thermometer said and it said 99.5!

Tonight's blog picture was taken in almost the same place where I got a picture of an indigo bunting the last time that we stopped at Big Walker Mountain...must be a habitat for them. This fellow sat on the tip-top branch of this tree for quite a while posing. We couldn't tell from where we were just what he was as the sun was really shining on him...so we had to rely on the camera to help us identify him. The tree that he is sitting on top of is right in front of the fog covered valley that was last night's blog picture. If you would like to see this little guy in more detail, you can click once to make it a little larger and twice to make it quite a bit larger.


No comments:

Post a Comment