Thursday, July 14, 2011

In Sewing Mode!

Oops...guess I am in sewing mode...looked up a few minutes ago and realized what time it was and I hadn't had supper yet and it was time to blog...so I am now eating supper, blogging and the machine is going on with its embroidery without me...well, I do have to change thread colors every now and again! Multi tasking at its best!!!!

Woody got up early, as usual, and went for a walk. This morning he took his four mile route. Later in the day he continued his mowing and he also watered some of the gardens. He has stayed in the house most of the afternoon...keeping cool. He has read and watched a library DVD and some TV. For our lunch, Woody made tuna salad with our homemade pickle relish...very good. Last night and today I put two kinds of pickles in jars. We really like the refrigerator bread and butter type pickle, but, the verdict is still out on the Crazy Dill Pickles. I feel like they are a bit too salty and not dilly enough. Perhaps given a few more days to sit they might be better??? That recipe may be heading to file 13! I got busy sewing and before I got very far I realized that I needed spray starch and didn't have any...so made a quick trip to WalMart. After that little trip I got underway with my sewing for real. The reason that I was able to have supper slip up on me is that tonight we are scrounging...which means that we are eating leftovers...first come...first served...and Woody was the first to come into the kitchen to serve himself from whatever happened to be in the fridge that was to his liking for this evening! Well, the design has finished sewing...so I'm off to do the next thing for Abigail's dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment