Friday, July 15, 2011

Shouldn't It Be Green?

Don't you think that this Irish postmark should be green?! I got mail from Ireland today...my photographic equipment that I sent to the Irish manufacturers to see if there was a problem. I got it back with nothing said about there being a problem, so I wasn't sure if everything would work correctly when plugged into my camera. But...work it did!!! So I now have a remote trigger for my camera. I really wasn't expecting it to work...oh, ye (me) of little faith!!!!! I was quite surprised when I heard the click and saw that a picture had been taken (of the curtain across the room).

Woody got up early and went on a four mile walk. He has weeded and mowed today and also read and watched some TV. Last night we had a pretty strong thunder storm move through and got quite a good rain along with some bright flashes of lightning and loud claps of thunder...close to an inch. Then this afternoon we had a little shower. I have done a little sewing but not much. I spent quite a while on our supper...my opinion...recipe not worth that much effort...but it was better than I expected. It was a recipe that Woody chose and from the start it just didn't sound all that good to me...so that makes it harder to make when it doesn't appeal to the cook! The recipe was Roasted Butternut Squash and Bacon Pasta. The penne pasta (not our favorite kind of pasta) was in a provolone cheese sauce...that was topped with roasted cubes of butternut squash, crumbled bacon, shallots, and rosemary and then all was sprinkled with fresh Parmesan and popped into a very hot oven to heat everything up and brown the Parmesan cheese. It really was better than I expected. But it was more of an effort than I felt like doing and I finally realized why it was so hard for me to accomplish this cooking task...after I had put it in the oven, that is...I had forgotten to take my arthritis and Transverse Myelitis meds this morning. So that made a big difference in my aches and pains and being able to peel a hard squash, stand to stir the sauce, bend over to get cooking dishes out, etc...thus all the cooking processes were just more of an effort for me than usual. Woody chose this recipe because we had a butternut squash, and also the recipe used shallots and rosemary from our gardens. He thought that I would like it because of the provolone cheese and the bacon. In the end he said that he guessed he liked provolone cheese (he isn't a big cheese fan). So on that note...I'm going to go lie down on the bed and read and rest. Woody is downstairs cleaning up the kitchen. Glad that isn't on the agenda for me tonight!




No comments:

Post a Comment