Saturday, July 16, 2011

Christmas in July?

I made this picture blurry on purpose...as a reminder that the days till Christmas will probably pass in about this much of a blur, as it will be that time of the year before we know it. That is, if the rest of the year passes as quickly as the year has so far! This week several sewing places that I am drawn to on the internet are celebrating Christmas in July...hoping that I will buy something I am sure! Guess that is why I was thinking Christmas when I went looking for a picture for tonight's blog.

Woody got up early and went on about a five mile walk. Then he came home and tried his hand at making bread and butter pickles with the recipe that really like of those that we have tried so far. At lunch today, he discovered that he does like the Crazy Dill Pickles on a sandwich...so guess that recipe of pickles will get eaten too! He went to the Credit Union and then did our weekly grocery shopping and stopped at the library and at the fruit and vegetable market. Later he walked to the library to get some books for me, as I hadn't gotten my list of requests to him prior to him going to the library (I was still sleeping when he left to do his errands and he didn't know that I had made a list of books for him to pick up for me.). This day has seemed to get away from me without me accomplishing much. I have read and done a little sewing (very little). Woody mowed some more this afternoon and did a bit of other yardwork too. At a point I thought that I wasn't going to be able to blog tonight as our internet connection wasn't working. Since Nathan and family aren't home I wasn't sure that I would be able to get it back on...it took quite a few tries...but eventually we were once again connected. So that is one thing that I did manage to accomplish today...just not sure how!



No comments:

Post a Comment