Saturday, July 2, 2011

A Dilly of a Thyme with Rosemary

Here's our barrel of dill, thyme, and rosemary. We have another barrel with oregano. Our basil and sage are farther out back in the raised bed. We are really enjoying fresh herbs in our recipes.

Woody got up early and went for about a four mile walk. I was up when he came back and we both went out and worked in the flower beds while it was still cool...though the mosquitoes were out in full force. My legs down close to my ankles are a mess of bites. Woody says that the worst place for mosquitoes is the compost pile. He was really swarmed the other day when he was shucking corn. He said that he killed ten with one slap of his hand! After I worked in the yard for a while I went in and cooked some breakfast and then went out on the front porch to eat it and have a cup of blueberry herbal tea. Woody went to the library and ran a couple of errands. I walked around and took some pictures trying out various settings and lenses on my cameras. Shortly after Woody got back from his errands, I headed off to get my hair cut and then to run an errand of my own. This afternoon Woody decided to aid Graham by taking apart Graham's K'nex roller coaster...not an easy task! The kids have been in and out this afternoon. I have been working on my Sunday School lesson and trying to keep awake...my early morning rising has caught up with me! Woody is downstairs making a marinated salad that we plan to have on the 4th and it is supposed to refrigerate for at least 24 hours so the flavors can meld. We have just been doing a little of this and a little of that most of the day today. I have a load of wash in the drier...guess we are getting a few steps closer to being ready to leave dark and early on Tuesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment