Saturday, July 9, 2011

Fog In The Valley




These are pictures that I took yesterday when we once again took a little side trip to the top of Big Walker Mountain in Virginia. We arrived to a breathtaking sight...the valley looked like it was totally filled with clouds...sort of looked like the mountains were rising up from the ocean...very surreal! I took quite a few pictures of this awesome sight and then we walked across the road to a bird and wildlife trail. We saw a couple of birds there and I tried to capture their pictures and also took some flowers along the way. Then we walked back across the road to view tonight's second picture...the valley was empty...and it took less than 15 minutes for the fog to lift. We were glad that we arrived when we did to see the valley filled with white fog/clouds.




Woody has had a really busy day. He ran several errands this morning including a trip to the grocery store and then a bit later in the morning he made his weekly trip to the library. He picked cucumbers from Nathan's garden today in anticipation of our making a refrigerator pickle recipe. He also did some yard work...I know that I heard the mower running mid afternoon. I, on the other hand, have sort of felt puny...guess this trip got the best of me. While on the trip I started having some allergy problems, then I guess something I ate the trip hasn't agreed with me so I'm being careful of what I eat today, and on top of that my Transverse Myelitis seems to be bothering me as I am having extra aches and pains....so I have pretty much taken it easy today...I finished a book and have started another. I did make the refrigerator pickles with Woody's help and loaded the dishwasher after that...other than that zilch...nada! Woody has taken it easy after he mowed this afternoon...pretty hot and humid here today. He has watched a bit of baseball and read and looked through recipe books that he got at the library today...looking for recipes that use some of things that we are growing in our gardens. We're both looking forward to sampling the refrigerator pickles in four days!




I forgot to mention yesterday that when we got home there were three messages from Vanderbilt on our answering machine...just a follow-up that they do every month or so. It must have been high priority for this research nurse to mark Woody's name off the list of folk she was supposed to call! If she doesn't call before Woody gets around to it on Monday, he will call to check in with her.




No comments:

Post a Comment