Friday, July 8, 2011

Cow Appreciation Day!

It is "Cow Appreciation Day" or so we discovered when we wheeled into the Chick-fil-a in Knoxville this afternoon. We didn't know it...so we weren't dressed up...if we had been dressed in some way as a cow, we would have gotten a free meal. Oh, well, we did get two coupons...one for a free shake and one for free ice cream...so we will use those another time when we encounter a Chick-fil-a. We ran into Kathy's brother-in-law when we were eating our lunch...if Woody had known to look he might have seen Kathy's niece working there. I think that this would have been a rough day to work there...you can not imagine the number of cars going through the double drive-thru and the number of folk going up to the window to order! LOTS...a steady stream...and it was after 1pm there.

We got up around 6am (Eastern) and packed up and then ate breakfast at our hotel. I really didn't look, but think that we were on the road by 7am (Eastern). We went off the beaten path and went back to Walker Mountain lookout again...this time planning to walk the bird and wildlife path. The view was absolutely spectacular with fog filling in the valley. I'll share that picture another time...when it isn't "Cow Appreciation Day!" We had a pretty good day for travel. We did have one period of hard rain, but drove out of it pretty quickly. We got home sometime between 3 and 4pm (Central). At what I thought was after 6pm I told Woody that I forgot to phone in my prescriptions when we got home and that it was now too late...he said that he thought that I had something wrong with my watch (like the fact that I hadn't changed my watch back to Central time)! So I did have time to call the pharmacy and even had time to go pick them up before they closed. We are now settling in for a relaxing evening after a long day of driving. Happy "Cow Appreciation Day!" Hope that some of you knew about it and got to get a free meal today! It's good to be home again...and for three months this time...that's really good!




No comments:

Post a Comment